Lawn Varieties and Price Ranges
Lawn Varieties and Price Range
- Rye Turf: $9.00/m2 – Available Now!
- SRL Rye Turf: $9.00/m2 – Unavailable
- Tall Fescue: $9.00/m2 – Available Now!
- Fine Fescue: $9.00/m2 – Available Now!
- Common Kikuyu: $9.00/m2 – Unavailable
- Couch Grass: $10.00/m2 – Unvailable
- Sand Topdressed Couch Grass: $13.00/m2 – unavailable
- Seashore Paspalum: $13.00/m2 – unavailable
– Please note all prices are GST exclusive.
How can we help?
Delivery Price Guide
- 60m2 per pallet: Tall Fescue, Fine Fescue and Rye
- 50m2 per pallet: Kikuyu and Couch Grass
- Tauranga and Mount Maunganui: $95.00 (to site)
- Auckland Metropolitan area: $95.00 (to site)
- Wellington: $180.00 (to depot)
- Rotorua and Taupo: quote at time of enquiry
– Please note there is also a $20.00 (per pallet) bond which is refundable if returned. If your location is not listed above, please call 0800-FINELAWN for a quote. All prices are GST exclusive.
- Order your turf by calling our free phone (0800-FINELAWN) by 4pm two days before the delivery is required. For areas south of Taupo or difficult to service regions, further time may be required prior to delivery.
- If you do not have an account with us, simply have your credit card ready to quote the relevant details at the time of ordering. Alternatively, you may collect your Finelawn instant turf directly from us.
- Please call our office for a free quote on delivery.
Kentucky Bluegrass (Poa pratensis L.) is a stiff erect, dark blue green coloured perennial that forms a dense mat. The leaves are strap like and as such are relatively coarse, flat and hairless. It is a rhizomotaceous plant that produces a dense sward as well as a dense root mat. The leaf tip forms a characteristic boat shape and has a distinctive keel.
Seashore Paspalum (Paspalum vaginatum) or saltwater couch does not resemble its namesake paspalum which is the curse of many northern lawns over summer. Instead it is similar in appearance to couchgrass or burmudagrass except that it is far more attractive and has a bright green colouration.
Ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) or more accurately dwarf or amenity ryegrass is even sometimes referred to as American ryegrass. It is characterised by being fast establishing with a bright to dark green colouration and leaves that are moderately ribbed with very glossy lower leaf surfaces.
Fine Fescue (Festuca rubra spp.) is the name used to describe a number of different temperate turf types including chewings fescue, hard fescue, sheeps fescue and creeping or red fescue.
Common kikuyu (Pennisetum clandesinium) which is sometimes referred to as wild kikuyu was originally introduced from Africa and as such it is a warm season species that is more commonly observed in the top half of the North Island.
Couch (Cynodon dactylon) is a warm season grass that is also known as Bermudagrass. It is one of the most important turf grasses internationally being used on many golf courses and amenity areas in regions such as the southern states of USA, Australia and other sub-tropical countries.
Any questions? Get in touch
If you’d like more information about us and our services, get in touch with us!