Turf Care Instructions
- Immediately after the turf is laid, water to saturation point. Thereafter, keep moist until established. This will take approximately 14-21 days. In summer, when evaporation levels are high, it is vital to maintain the moisture content of the plant
- It is preferable to apply water in the morning rather than during the day. Avoid excessive watering as this will lead to ponding. The ponded water heats up and scorches the plants
- Mow frequently during the establishment phase at the highest setting on your mower to avoid scalping. This will assist in promoting root development. The initial mowing should be at 40mm – 50mm. Thereafter, mowing every 5-6 days at no lower than 35mm, is optimal through this period. Once the turf is established, normal mowing can continue at a recommended height of 25mm -30mm
- Mow using a catcher to avoid leaf litter decomposing and creating an ideal environment for fungal infection. Ensure the mower blades are sharp and maintain a minimum mowing height of 30mm. It is preferable to mow in different directions with each cut to avoid a graining effect
- Apply “Best” Turf Gold fertiliser every 10-12 weeks at 25grams/m2. A regular application of fertiliser ensures maintenance of the colour, vigor and density of the sward and therefore reduces the likelihood of weed infestations
- The lawn may require spraying for broadleaf weeds on a bi-annual basis. Finelawn recommends using Banvine or Versatile at label rates. Please contact the office for advice and recommendations on spraying practices
If you have any further queries about the maintenance of your lawn please contact the Finelawn office.